In Psalm 139 the psalmist praises God, because he is fearfully and wonderfully made. Congregational Health Ministries at First Church also gives praise for the opportunity we have to assist the congregation and community in living healthy lives. Since 1998, our mission has included recognizing the whole person: mental, emotional, spiritual and physical, as initiated by the creator God. We work to promote healthy living for all of God’s people through educative and supportive care.
Some ministries include:
- Monthly Diabetes Support Group (4th Monday at 2:00 p.m. Room 101B)
- Sunday Blood Pressures Screenings (2nd Sunday of odd months)
- Med Share (good used medical equipment to loan to members)
- Annual assistance with Medicare Part D comparisons using Medicare.gov
- Annual Children’s Health Sunday
- Annual vision, hearing and dental checks for First Church Child Development Center