Spirited Conversation. Spiritual Matters
Every third Thursday
156 Greenwood, Wichita, KS 67211
Schedule and Topics
February 20 – The black church experience & liberation theology (Rev. Robert Johnson, Sr. Pastor, Saint Mark UMC)
March 19 –
April 16 –
What to expect at Pub Theology:
• You can expect to meet new people that are all ages!
• To hear different perspectives on theological matters. We are not all wired the same way, and that is how God created us to be!
• To drink a tasty beer, kick back after work and enjoy your life while fellowshipping with others. If you don’t like beer, there is water and a food truck!
• To share your own experiences with life, theological and faith formation at tables based on topical questions- who knows where the conversations will lead you!?
• You will not be put on the spot to share. You can listen, and try it out before committing. All are welcome!
A typical night of Pub Theology will include:
• Welcome and introductions at tables
• Topical overview by one leader
• Table discussions
• Closing liturgy
What is Pub Theology
Pub Theology is a group of First Church members and friends, 21+ that gathers monthly to discuss faith, life stress, family and so on with a tasty beverage. It’s an excellent ministry for millennials, gen-X, boomers, and the silent generation to get together and talk God. Bring a friend; new faces are always welcome!
As witnesses of First Church UMC, all participants are expected to drink responsibly and it is the responsibility of each person gathered to hold each other accountable to this expectation.
For more information, contact Rebecca Mohr, 316-267-6244 or email@example.com.